Caribbean genealogy - TELFORD, St Vincent

Adams Family adafam at optusnet.com.au
Thu May 18 01:08:41 CEST 2006

Hello Eric,

I found your posting dated 2001 on Rootsweb Caribbean-L.
I'm not sure if my information is useful to you, but my gggrandfather Robert TELFER was born in St Vincent in 1817.  His parents were William TELFER (formerly of Scotland) and Constance BONAMY (St Vincent).

>From William's Will 1823, Demerara, British Guiana, his list of children are:
Margaret, William (christened St Vincent 1811), James, Francis, John, Robert, Samuel, Hugh and Sophia.

I have come across a few references to the Telfer/Telford names in St Vincent, which may be of interest to you.

I would be very interested to learn of your connection with these Telfords, as the fate of all these siblings except Robert is as yet unknown to me.

Trish Adams
Australia