[OS X TeX] Installing TeXShop on an Intel Mac

Wendy McKay wgm at cds.caltech.edu
Mon May 8 18:13:50 CEST 2006

On Mon, 8 May 2006, George Gratzer wrote:

> Gary was so enthused with his Intel MacBook Pro that I decided to buy one.
>
> How do I install TexShop on an Intel Mac? What to do to get all the binaries
> running on the Intel chip?
>
> Being an amateur, I use TexShop "out of the box".  I would appreciate
> instructions that even I can follow.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> GG

Please try the one-click  MacTeX installer available on CTAN.

Information is available  here
 	http://www.tug.org/mactex/

We would like feedback if you have any problems.
Write to mactex at tug.org

The original release (available Dec 2005, from TUG) has the first release
plus some extras.   The update only has the MacTeX installer.
It is based on Gerben's gwTeX redistribution system
and includes TeXshop, XeTeX, Bibdesk, Excalibur and the i-Installer.

Latest version is:
March 14, 2006

it should work on the Intel Chip.

--w