[OS X TeX] Droplatexdiff available.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 6 16:36:36 CEST 2006

On May 6, 2006, at 8:47 AM, Peter Pagin wrote:

> Hi Herb,
> thanks for this tool and other things, like TeXShop engines, that
> you have contributed before. I have tried the Droplatexdiff.app,
> and each time a file with the predicted name is created, but each
> time the file is empty.
>
> Best,
> Peter

Howdy,

Sigh... I didn't realize that latexdiff-fast writes a temporary file.
Since I owned that directory on my system it was happy to let that
happen. When I tested the application with a non-admin login I got
the same results as you did. I've just put up (yet another new)
version that creates the temp file in the same directory as the two
files to compare so you'll see a file that is transient flash by as
the processing goes on; I'll probably change that to a tmp directory
at some point but it works fine. I'm very glad I added the log file;
that's how I easily discovered the problem.

Again... download Droplatexdiff.app.zip from <http://homepage.mac.com/
herbs2/>. Luckily it's not a big download.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)