[OS X TeX] starred parantheses in LaTeX ?

delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr
Sat May 6 10:14:27 CEST 2006

 Hello all,

 may I ask a naive question. It often happens that one writes a
set of instructions in the source file to produce a certain output, and then
finds a better way of producing the same output, but wants to keep the
old set of commands because it might be useful elsewhere, so it is kept
in the source file in ``commented out form". I put a % at the beginning
of every line to do this, which is tedious. Is there a better method ? Are
there
LaTeX equivalents of C's ``starred parantheses" ?

                                                              Ewan