[OS X TeX] i-Installer TeX installation on Intel

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Thu May 4 22:41:17 CEST 2006

On Thu, 04 May 2006 20:43:29 +0200, Maarten Sneep
<maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Are these test files publicly available, or are most/some contributed by
> users, and you wouldn't consider distributing those? These files can be
> interesting for distribution builders to check their distribution
> (Something I ran into when testing the TeXLive/MacTeX DVD last year).

They are currently not available for the public. I can't make any
definitive announcements on what we will do and not do but I do recall
talking about it with one of the others. What I will say is that it is
certainly not inconceivable to do so - it's just a matter of putting it
all into a public repository like we did for the expl3 code and the
xpackages. However I've been told by someone knowledgable that Subversion
is better suited for anonymous read-only access than the CVS setup we
currently have.

> Of course, that leaves ConTeXt and plain users in the cold, but it is a
> start for a test suite (for normal use, trip/trap are done by Gerben
> already).

Indeedy. I'll talk to the others.
--
Morten