[OS X TeX] TeXniscope problems after LaTeX upgrade

Morten Høgholm morten.hoegholm at gmail.com
Thu May 4 18:24:20 CEST 2006

On Thu, 04 May 2006 14:53:32 +0200, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:

> Regarding dvipdfm
> =================
>
> Looking for dvipdfm.def, there seem to be two of them:
>
> - One in the teTeX tree at /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/
> latex/dvipdfm/dvipdfm.def, with time stamp:
>
> \ProvidesFile{dvipdfm.def}
>          [1999/9/6 vx.x Driver-dependant file]
>
> - One in the latest LaTeX graphics package at /usr/local/teTeX/share/
> texmf.local/tex/latex/graphics/dvipdfm.def, with time stamp:
>
> \ProvidesFile{dvipdfm.def}
>          [1998/11/24 vx.x Driver-dependant file]
>
> The one in texmf.local is of course the one used, but it seems older
> than the other which is the same as in the dvipdfm distro (in the
> latex-support directory) at <http://gaspra.kettering.edu/dvipdfm/>.
> There are indeed significant differences in the code between the two.
> Which one should we use?

The newer one (of course! :-). As I said elsewhere, the TeX-distributors
have been made responsible for including the drivers they support. We
merely provide a version of some of the drivers (emphasis on the "a") but
we do not ensure it's the latest or greatest since we do not maintain them.

Gerben, a candidate for a change in the LaTeX updater?
--
Morten