[OS X TeX] TeXniscope problems after LaTeX upgrade

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu May 4 17:26:38 CEST 2006

Le 4 mai 06 à 16:50, Jose Figueroa-O'Farrill a écrit :

> It seems to be a problem with the "color" package.  Here is a minimal
> example which shows the problem:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[dvipdfm]{color}
> \begin{document}
> Hello world!
> \end{document}

This is indeed connected with the absence of dvipdfmx.def, which is
required for proper use of dvipdfmx by TeXniscope.

Save <http://ftp.ktug.or.kr/KTUG/dvipdfmx/contrib/latex/
dvipdfmx.def.sample> to disk as dvipdfmx.def, move it to ~/Library/
texmf/latex/, modify your example by replacing [dvipdfm] by
[dvipdfmx], TeX it and open the DVI output in TeXniscope: the problem
is gone!

This isn't that surprising actually: from the 3rd message in the
thread <http://www.tug.org/pipermail/tex-live/2005-October/
thread.html#9169>:

> http://ftp.ktug.or.kr/KTUG/dvipdfmx/contrib/latex/dvipdfmx.def.sample
> [...]
>
> Well without it not color or graphics (?) will work with dvipdfmx
>
> AFAIR I got the file from the URL above. It seems to be working fine.
> It seems weird that they haven't submitted it to CTAN yet.

Once this is settled, you may move dvipdfmx.def to /Library/teTeX/
share/texmf.local/tex/latex/graphics/, running "sudo -H mktexlsr"
afterwards.

Hope this helps,