[OS X TeX] i-Installer TeX installation on Intel

Joseph C. Slater joseph.slater at wright.edu
Thu May 4 05:40:16 CEST 2006

On May 3, 2006, at 3:43 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On May 1, 2006, at 13:24, Joseph C. Slater wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>> I'm getting the following error when trying to compile TeXniscope
>> on my macbook:
>>> /usr/bin/ld: warning /usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a archive's
>>> cputype (18, architecture ppc) does not match cputype (7) for
>>> specified -arch flag: i386 (can't load from it)
>> I reinstalled TeX using i-Installer on my macbook, but it appears
>> to have installed the wrong binaries. How does one select the
>> correct ones? I thought it was automatic.
>
> The TeX i-Package installs separately i386 and ppc binaries, but th
> ekpathsea library it installs should be fat. This is not important
> for running TeX, but it is if you want to link the TeX kpathsea
> (TeX file search) library into other programs.
>
> As far as I can see, the builds on my system contain fat
> libkpathsea.a libraries. Just to be 100% certain, I recreated the
> 2005 binaries archive in the TeX i-Package and uploaded, as the
> content has officially not changed, I'll not update the release
> notes. Can you reinstall TeX and when you are done test the
> following command in Terminal:
>
> 	file /usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a

[185:~] jslater% file /usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a
/usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a: Mach-O universal binary with 2
architectures
/usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a (for architecture ppc):
current ar archive
/usr/local/teTeX/lib/libkpathsea.a (for architecture i386):
current ar archive random library