[OS X TeX] Variable

Christopher Allen Christopher.T.Allen.95 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Wed May 3 21:26:41 CEST 2006

I don't know probsoln at all. Specifically, I don't know how i and j
get assigned. When I've wanted to do calculations and the like, I've
used

\usepackage{calc}

followed by groups of things like

\newcounter{xyz}
\setcounter{xyz}{\value{abc}*12}
\addtocounter{xyz}{1}
\arabic{xyz}

If probsoln uses regular counters, I would think they would be
accessible via various other commands for counters. The various
commands for counters won't really care if the counters keep being
changed, just whether the counters are present and what values they
hold.

> (1) I am using probsoln which uses \PSNrandseed{N} to seed the
> randomness of the multiple choices. I would like to have in the
> document a line that says to print the particular N.

So, how about

\newcounter{seedNumber}
\setcounter{seedNumber}{123} % 123 would be whatever seed number
you've chosen
\arabic{seedNumber} % to print the seed number
\PSNrandseed{\value{seedNumber}} % to use the seed number as you were
before

Would that do what you want?

I have to run, but I'll think on #2. #3 and #4 are beyond me. Hope
that helps.

Chris