[OS X TeX] Latex and Monotype Ehrhardt

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue May 2 15:19:31 CEST 2006

Le 2 mai 06 à 13:41, Marc Millstone a écrit :

> Also, as a general discussion question, what other fonts are people
> out there using and loving for the own notes and reports, etc?

Lucida Bright/New Math (non free), from either:

- TUG <http://www.tug.org/store/lucida/>

- Personal TeX <http://www.pctex.com/Lucida_Fonts.html>

I love them. Beautiful both on screen and on print. The LaTeX
Companion 1st edition was typeset with them. I don't know about the
2nd edition (I haven't purchased it -- yet -- shame on me).

For documents with few or no maths at all, I'm generally using XeTeX
allowing direct call of OS X fonts (my favorites being Optima, Gill
Sans, Trebuchet, Verdana, Hoefler). You can get it from <http://
scripts.sil.org/xetex>. Its math font support is presently limited,
but things are evolving rapidly. For a hint of what can be achieved,
look at:

<http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/render_download.php?
site_id=nrsi&format=file&media_id=xetex_bachotex2006_paper&filename=kew-
bachotex-paper.pdf>

<ftp://tug.ctan.org/pub/tex-archive/macros/xetex/latex/fontspec/
fontspec.pdf>

When the STIX fonts finally see the light of day, we should have a
proper set of TrueType and PostScript Unicode math fonts blending
well with most OS X text fonts, which would make it easier to (La)TeX
technical documents based on whichever OS X font catches your fancy.
See <http://www.stixfonts.org/>.