[OS X TeX] avoid space when pasting in TeXShop

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at iwu.edu
Fri Mar 31 17:08:47 CEST 2006

On Mar 31, 2006, at 8:36 AM, Jan Hegewald wrote:

> Hello all,
> when I paste a word in TeXShop's editor there is sometimes a space
> character (" ") inserted before or behind the word. This is kind of
> a feature when one inserts a new word into a sentence. But is
> really annoying when the space is inserted where none should be.
> Example:
> - copy the word "TEST" so you can paste it later
> - pasting into "foo bar" gives "foo TEST bar"  % great, I don't
> need to add the additional space myself
> - pasting into "\ref{fig:foo}" gives "\ref{fig: TEST foo}"  % this
> is bad and really time consuming to fix

I am not seeing this feature, in fact I don't think I've ever seen
anything like that. But what I have noticed very often, and what is
kind of a known issue, is that whenever you select some text with the
mouse, an extra space is often selected, especially when you select
from left to right. Maybe this is what you are noticing?

If you really are selecting the word TEST with the keyboard and you
still get an extra space, then perhaps you have some special input
managers installed?

> TIA,
> -- Jan

Haris