[OS X TeX] Track Changes - Functionality for collaborative work

Rolf Schmolling rolf.schmolling at alumni.TU-Berlin.de
Fri Mar 31 14:20:46 CEST 2006

Hello!

I'd like to add (since there were some commercial programs for
conversion of PDF to text mentioned like TextLightning) that there is
the free "pdf2rtf- service" of DEVONtechnologies:
<http://www.devon-technologies.com/files/PDF2RTFService.tgz>
which works reasonably well from TextEdit. One can open PDF-files
which are converted to RTF. Gets the pagination quite right,
including footnotes. One can either copy and paste into Word
(textEdit saves the converted file as "rftd" which Word cannot open).
Then one would have to reformat the text to make it resemble a word-
document by applying Word-Styles but it is  just tedious.

The only catch I have: when using "eco.sty" TextEdit cannot show that
font, while Word can. It's then a mixture of Helvetica and LM-Roman08-
mediaeval-numbers… Still it works better than TextLightning.

Greetings,
Rolf

Am 26.03.2006 um 00:00 schrieb Rene Borgella:

>> Am 25.03.2006 um 17:40 schrieb Winfried Zettelmeyer:
>>
>>> Is this htlatex programme still being maintained ? Would it be
>>> possible to convert the footnotes in a way so that the file could
>>> be more easily reconstructed ? Also, would it be possible to
>>> carry bold font and italics over to the html (or .doc) output in
>>> some way ?
>>

> To second what Peter said, yes it works, and it works well. I use
> it all the time to convert footnote containing  TeXShop generated
> pdfs to html pages.  I've very occasionally had some problems with
> the programm, but the author has always fixed them very promptly.
> Usually these are font problems  that have manifested themselves
> after an update to my TeX system.
>
> If you like I can send you links to a few examples of pages I've
> made based on tex documents.
>
> Rene

Rolf Schmolling M.A. Historian, Rolf.Schmolling at Alumni.TU-Berlin.DE
http://rolf_schmolling.macbay.de/