[OS X TeX] BibDesk preview

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Mar 30 17:35:50 CEST 2006

On Mar 30, 2006, at 06:23, Jan Hegewald wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a little issue with BibDesk not displaying custom entries of
> a publication. Can anyone confirm this or is there something wrong
> with my setup?
> Example:
> - use BibDesk to add a new publication of type "webpage" in your .bib
> - enter some stuff, e.g. the year
> - things will show in the preview (maybe url is missing, this
> depende on the selected \bibliographystyle)
> - add a new field, "Author" and enter some names.
> - refresh preview: no author is displayed.

I just checked; this only appears to happen with the "webpage" type,
probably because it's not a type recognized by the style I use
(natbib/apalike).

http://www.google.com/search?ie=utf8&oe=utf8&q=bibtex+webpage+type

reveals that this is used by urlbst; the TeX FAQ has more info on
using urlbst.  Changes to "Author" in standard BibTeX types are
recognized by the TeX preview, so this doesn't appear to be a BibDesk-
specific problem.

> If edit previewtemplate.tex by hand and typeset via TeXShop or
> Terminal, everything works as expected.

What changes to previewtemplate.tex are made?

Adam