[OS X TeX] White vs. Transparent?

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Tue Mar 28 14:14:59 CEST 2006

On Mar 27, 2006, at 5:15 PM, V. Yu. Shavrukov wrote:

> I meant sRGB vs AdobeRGB vs ProPhotoRGB etc.  rather than  cmyk vs
> rgb vs hsv...

Oh. Well presumably you'll only be needing one such tag for the
vector and text elements which TeX will create --- just post-process
the file to assign such a colourspace tag --- this could be set up
using OS X's pdf Services. I'd be curious to learn of a situtation
where you needed more than one and this wouldn't be an option though.

Naturally any placed .pdf element should have the correct tags
assigned already (pdftex will not disturb these when placing them).

> William Adams:
>
>> Or one can adapt my technique from TUG2003 to access spot colour .eps
>> files in a virtual font.
>>

> thanks, can you perhaps provide a pointer?  is there a way to stay
> attached to a given icc profile rather than just individual spot
> colours?

Yes. You could use any colourspace desired, but I don't think this'd
be a needful thing to do, since there's a far more straightforward
way to address it --- see above.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain information
which is confidential and intended only for the addressee(s). If you are
not the intended recipient(s), any usage,  dissemination, disclosure, or
action taken in  reliance on it is prohibited.  The reliability of  this
method of communication cannot be guaranteed.  Email can be intercepted,
corrupted, delayed, incompletely transmitted, virus-laden,  or otherwise
affected during transmission. Reasonable steps have been taken to reduce
the risk of viruses, but we cannot accept liability for damage sustained
as a result of this message. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it and notify the sender.