[OS X TeX] CocoAspel 2.0.2 is missing misspelled words

polverone lowimc at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 01:47:09 CET 2006

CocoAspel 2.0.2 is missing misspelled words in
TeXShop.  The missed words are very frequent and can
be anywhere in the body of document – they are NOT
contained in the filtered LaTex commands.

When I complete a section or document and select
“spelling” the spelling window comes up and seems to
function correctly.  No matter where my cursor is when
I begin the spell check, the spell checker seems to
cover the entire document and misses words throughout
the document.  The missed words are not just in a
single skipped section or paragraph.  It will correct
one word in a sentence and miss the misspelled one
right next to it.

I have not accidentally clicked “learn” or the like
for any of the missed words.  I have tested it with
utter gibberish just to verify this.

If I close the document and restart, some of the
missed words are caught on the second run – but not
all of them.

Any suggestions as to what is going on or how to fix
it?

Have any of you used a commercial spelling program
like Grammarian PRO X?

Can it filter LaTeX commands?

My system:

cocoaspel 2.0.2