[OS X TeX] Track Changes - Functionality for collaborative work

Winfried Zettelmeyer Winfried at Zettelmeyer.com
Thu Mar 23 23:51:25 CET 2006

William, Themis, Alex, Georg, Claus,
thank you for your efforts and advice.
I tried Textlightning to .rtf and Adobe Acrobat Professional to .doc.
The latter was totally useless, Textlightning you could at least
read. Guess what was the best: Select all from the latex.pdf and copy
it into Word. But, of course, forget footnotes, forget graphs, tables.
Before I follow your advice to look for a secretary I would like to
explore the other possibilities I mentioned in my previous mail. I
repeat them below and would appreciate if you commented on number 3
and 4.

(3) latex2rtf.
I managed to install and run it, but the programme got stuck with the
message
(Not set):145 Error! Unknown file I/O error reading latex file.
I did not bother to try to solve this problem, because I conclude
from the first few loglines that many of the style packages are
unknown to the programme and ignored, especially jurabib which does
all my footnotes, and that latex2rtf, consequently, will not do the
job. Is this correct?

(4) tex4ht (in order to produce an html file, read this in Word and
produce a .doc file):

I ran htlatex filename "html,0" as indicated by Bob and it ran OK up
to the end. This package seems to be able to convert everyting in
my .tex file, even jurabib. It seems very promising. but I did not
get the html output file. Why ?
The log file first goes through all the packages, then displays a lot
of 'Notes - for ("this and that") use the command line option ("this
or that")', then calls a lot of files with extension .4ht, then goes
into Page layout dimensions and switches. The last part of the log is
as indicated 5 lines below, here I find some hints that might give
you a clue. If I get the output file I could see which of all
possibilities is best.
Where is the problem ?

Thanks in advance
Winfried

--- file cdreport.css ---

pdfTeX error (ext1): \pdfsavepos used while \pdfoutput is not set.
\@PDFSYNC ->\relax \ifPDFSYNCOK \pdfsavepos
                                             \immediate \write
\PDFPOS {l\spa...
l.25 \maketitle
                {}

Here is how much of TeX's memory you used:
7874 strings out of 95204
103686 string characters out of 1184352
2275833 words of memory out of 4730668
10811 multiletter control sequences out of 10000+50000
11168 words of font info for 27 fonts, out of 2000000 for 2000
58 hyphenation exceptions out of 1000
28i,2n,33p,701b,465s stack positions out of 5000i,500n,6000p,200000b,
40000s
0 PDF objects out of 300000
0 named destinations out of 131072
1 words of extra memory for PDF output out of 65536
No pages of output.