[OS X TeX] prosper on a macintosh running TeXShop

David Watson dewatson at mac.com
Tue Mar 21 05:07:01 CET 2006

I downloaded the most recent prosper and ran
mv prosper-1.00.4.tar.gz ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/prosper-1.00.4.tar.gz
cd ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/
tar zxf prosper1.00.4.tar.gz

This created the proper class file in my local user account's texmf
directory.
Following this, I simply ran:
texhash

And then, in TeXShop, I changed latexing procedure by going to
Typeset>TeX and Ghostscript, and typeset a simple document following
the documentation in the doc/ subdirectory of the prosper archive.
Everything seemed to work wonderfully. I thank you for pointing me in
this direction, and I hope this is of some use to you.