[OS X TeX] assistance with annexes and opening sections (semi-OT)

Jason Davies ucgajpd at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 17 20:26:12 CET 2006

Hi, I know I'm violating the normal rule of the list not being a 'basic' TeX list but I have not had much success with this, despite reading what seems to be most of The LaTeX Companion:-)

I'm converting a longish document to LaTeX, as a report, and have to make it match the original in page numbers and section numbering etc. There is a preamble and two annexes that do not 'count' as chapters or sections. Ie

Preamble
Further Intorduction
Glossary

1. Introduction
2. Chapter two
3. chapter three (etc

5. Conclusions

Annex 1
Annex 2

How do I work with this in terms of labelling sections etc? Should I just 'fake' it by setting the titles (eg  Preamble) as bold with the right size etc or is there some set of categories I can use with 'report'? The catch is that I am using hyperref and would like the links in the TOC to be clickable (this is half the point of the boring and fiddly conversion...)

thanks for any consideration. It's certainly been a lesson in using LaTeX to mimic this stuff properly:-)