[OS X TeX] spaces in names

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Fri Mar 17 12:53:30 CET 2006

On Mar 16, 2006, at 5:03 PM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> Btw, everyone here is recommending not using spaces in filenames,
> but IIRC noone has linked  to a reference mentioning this. If this
> is indeed an official recommendation, could someone please link to
> a document mentioning it, so that I can point people to it?

My personal recommendation for avoiding spaces is for practical
reasons: commands such as \input, \include, \includegraphics,
\includepdf, \graphicspath, don't seem to treat space as just another
character in the file name. Yes, spaces can be included, but must
receive special treatment (escape them, or quote the string).

Themis