[OS X TeX] Using xdvik with eps graphics?

Chris Skeels chris.skeels at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Mar 17 11:08:34 CET 2006

Thanks Pete and Bruno,

On 17/03/2006, at 9:04 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 17 mars 06 à 10:40, Bruno Voisin a écrit :
>
>> Thus it seems gs is made an alias to either gs-X11 or gs-noX11 at
>> install time, depending on whether Apple X11 is present or not.
>
> Wait: I think I understand. IIRC, the MacTeX distribution <http://
> www.tug.org/mactex/> assumes the user has no X11 installed; hence
> gs must be an alias to gs-noX11, when installed this way. I imagine
> this is the case for the original poster (I cannot check, as I have
> stuck to i-Installer's install thus far).

Across work and home I have a mix of having used MacTeX and not.  I
will experiment on the machines and see what works.

> Given MacTeX installs i-Installer, I would suggest the original
> poster to open the Ghostscript i-Package in i-Installer (just
> double-click the package, it should be somewhere inside an i-
> Packages folder in the user's home directory), then re-run the
> Install procedure (i.e. click on the Install button). i-Installer
> should check whether X11 is present, and correct the alias as
> necessary.

Thanks for your prompt responses.

Cheers, Chris.
Dr CL Skeels                                      Email:
Chris.Skeels at unimelb.edu.au
Department of Economics               Tel:      +61-3-8344 3783
The University of Melbourne           Fax:     +61-3-8344 6899
VIC 3010
Australia