[OS X TeX] mfpic and conversion MP to PDF

Franck Pastor pastor at fusl.ac.be
Thu Mar 16 22:06:39 CET 2006

Le 16-mars-06 à 21:36, Maarten Sneep a écrit :

> On 15 Mar 2006, at 23:00, ¿istein ANDERSEN wrote:
>
>>> Export the metapost figures, run through mpost, use mptopdf to
>>> create the equivalent pdf figures, and include those instead.
>>
>> This works as long as any text is handled by mpost, which is not a
>> problem for me. This method also prevents the figures (i.e. the
>> mfpic code creating them) from being an integrated part of the (La)
>> TeX document. Again, this is not a concern in my case, so this
>> solves my initial problem.
>
> OK, mfpic probably assumes metafont rather than metapost, right?

No, it manages both languages equally. Metafont is the default,
however. You have to specify Metapost as follows if you want to use
it instead of Metafont:

\usepackage[metapost]{mfpic}

It gives you access to features Metafont doesn't have: affine
transformations on labels, color... And an easier use with pdfLaTeX ;-)