[OS X TeX] TeXshop feature request Enter most recently used default in dialog

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Mar 16 16:47:54 CET 2006

On Mar 16, 2006, at 9:27 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> I haven't tried TeXShop, but in any Mac editor you should be able
> to eliminate a couple of these by
>
> - select
> - cmd-e
> - cmd-f
>
> where cmd-e puts the selected text on the find pasteboard.

Howdy,

Unfortunately Cmd-E is bound to `Goto Error' in TeXShop but the
command `Edit->Find->Use Selection for Find' is unbound. In Tiger you
can bind something like Ctl-Cmd-E to that menu item using `System
Preferences->Keyboard & Mouse->Keyboard Shortcuts'. The `Use
Selection for Replace' is already bound to Shft-Cmd-E.

Also, after the first Find, you can do `Replace and Find Next' with
Opt-Cmd-G.

All of this is with the OgreKit so I don't know how it works with the
Tiger Find.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)