[OS X TeX] Spell Check in TeXShop?

Winfried Zettelmeyer Winfried at Zettelmeyer.com
Wed Mar 15 19:27:53 CET 2006

On 15 Mar 2006, at 12:41, Bruno Voisin wrote:
Le 15 mars 06 à 12:07, Peter Dyballa a écrit :
> Am 15.03.2006 um 02:05 schrieb Herbert Schulz:
>> At one time it couldn't work with Check as You Type; I believe
>> this now works; but maybe not any better than the system spell
>> checker.
> For me neither aspell is launched to do spell checking nor any of
> its dictionaries can be used from the check spelling service. Mac
> OS X 10.4.5, all two security updates, German.

Did you install cocoAspell <http://cocoaspell.leuski.net/>?
If you did, it should have created, without any further action on
your part, a Spelling pref panel in System Preferences....

I installed it, prompted by the discussion on the list, and it works
beautifully with TexShop and Email !
Downside: English (United Kingdom)(Aspell) recognises Bruno, Peter,
Herbert, but had to be taught Voisin, Dyballa, Schulz, TeXShop (TeX
filter ON !), Aspell (!!) and, worst of all:
Winfried