[OS X TeX] mfpic and conversion MP to PDF

¿istein ANDERSEN oeandersen at wanadoo.fr
Wed Mar 15 15:20:53 CET 2006

On 15 Mar 2006, at 1:45PM, Franck Pastor wrote:

> Le 15-mars-06 à 14:34, Œistein ANDERSEN a écrit :

>> Is there an easy/elegant way to do [the MP to PDF] conversion [occuring with mfpic] once and for all [...]?

> To avoid conversion in PDF, go to the preferences of TeXShop, section "misc" [...] and under the subsection
> Metapost, choose "mpost" instead of "mptopdf". Mfpic keeps working well with Metapost without mptopdf.

Merci d'avoir répondu si vite !

Unfortunately, this does not seem to change anything for me, but maybe the problem lies elsewhere. This is what I am doing now:

	1) invoke pdfLaTeX from inside TeXShop, which creates the file myfigs.mp
	2) invoke mpost mfigs from the terminal, which creates the files myfig.n,  n = 1, ..., N
	3) invoke pdfLaTeX from inside TeXShop again

When the files myfig.n do not yet exist, LaTeX runs quite fast; after they have been created, a considerable amount of time is used to process the figures: The console shows `[MP
to PDF] (./myfigs.n' and pauses for several seconds before outputting `)' and continuing.

I do not quite know what to make of this.

--
Øistein E. Andersen