[OS X TeX] Spell Check in TeXShop?

mark oilcan markoilcan at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 17:36:09 CET 2006

--- Arthur Snoke <snoke at vt.edu> wrote:

> I think texshop uses aspell.  Hence this question:
>
> Is there anyway to get aspell to add to the dictionary so next document
> will not calim the same word is mispelled?  ispell in unix allows this
> (i will "insert" it into the dictionary).  On the mac, ispell seems to
> call aspell, but I do not find that option, and I miss it.

How exactly are you calling aspell? If through texshop, I don't know, as I
don't use it. If via the command line (e.g. aspell -c somefile) you get a
menu list of options for each misspelled word. One of the options is to "add"
the word to your personal dictionary (I think the option is 'a', probably
also true in emacs). The default personal dictionary is in your home
director. At least for aspell 0.6x the file name is .aspell.en.pws for
english.

Mark A