[OS X TeX] Basic question on BibTex

Winfried Zettelmeyer Winfried at Zettelmeyer.com
Sat Mar 11 18:37:52 CET 2006

Johan, a big THANK YOU ! jurabib works flawlessly and is exactly what
I needed (It did not want to work until I put the \usepackage
{jurabib} at the end of my long preamble with about 13 other packages
right below \usepackage[english,frenchb]{babel}. I have still to
learn things there).
Winfried

On 11 Mar 2006, at 15:44, Johan Almqvist wrote:
On Mar 11, 2006, at 15:17, Winfried Zettelmeyer wrote:
> Johan, Herbert, Paul,
> thanks a lot. I read the Latex Tricks and followed the other advice
> and get a beautiful Reference list now.
>
> However, I want references to appear in the respective footnotes
> AND in the Reference list.

This is not supported by "standard bibtex". You will need to use a
special package. I think jurabib will do what you want.

A quick example

--- snipsnap ---  file jurabibtext.tex
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{jurabib}
\begin{document}
\section{The main thing}
Something cited. \footcite{Milton2000Complete-W}
\clearpage
\bibliographystyle{jurabib}
\bibliography{jurabibtest}
\end{document}