[OS X TeX] Re: [Sort-of Off]: Plotting Software

John B. Thoo jthoo at yccd.edu
Thu Mar 9 19:02:35 CET 2006

On Mar 7, 2006, at 5:00 PM, "david craig" <dac at panix.com> wrote in
MacOSX-TeX Digest #1665 - 03/07/06:

> What do folks recommend for plotting/fitting software?  I'm really
> liking how "Plot" is shaping up, and I admit I'm weary of ports of
> gnuplot and the like, and especially anything with no GUI.  I ask both
> for myself, and to use with upper-level undergraduate courses.

I'm sorry for entering this discussion late, but does anyone remember
the software called PSMathGraphsII by Mary Ann Software?  (It was last
published around 1998.)  I always liked PSMGII.  Simple to use.  Easy
to save as EPS.  One could even copy to the Clipboard as EPS to paste
in a word processor (like ClarisWorks) as EPS.  Unfortunately, it's
author, John Jacob <john.jacob at marin.cc.ca.us>, hasn't updated it for
OS X.  Perhaps he could be persuaded to if enough folks indicate an
interest.

Best regards,
---John.

John B. Thoo                   Yuba College                 Mathematics
jthoo at yccd.edu                                           jbthoo at mac.com
ms.yccd.edu/~jb2                                homepage.mac.com/jbthoo

Mathematics truths       Exposing invisibles       Getting at the heart