[OS X TeX] [Sort-of Off]: Plotting Software

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Wed Mar 8 20:39:34 CET 2006

Le 8 mars 06 à 19:17, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> (1) How do I find "the folder which contains gnuplot"? The Finder
> doesn's seem to know. It is not in alainschremmer/Applications, it
> is not in alainschremmer/Library (where texmf is). I imagine the
> terminal would tell me, but

You'll find the executable in /usr/local/bin/ the rest, I'm not so
sure...

> (2) I open the Terminal. What do I type?

gnuplot

and a gnuplot session should start... Speaking of which, rather than
use the environment variable GNUTERM, one could use the file .gnuplot
that, if found in ~/ (your home folder) is read at the start of each
gnuplot session. Mine contains the single line

set terminal aqua

Hope this helps...

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)