[OS X TeX] [Sort-of Off]: Plotting Software

markus bongard markus.bongard at umh.es
Wed Mar 8 17:22:47 CET 2006

gentle persons,

On 8 Mar 2006, at 17:11, andi petculescu wrote:

> To launch gnuplot, I open the Terminal, cd to the folder which
> contains gnuplot, enter "gnuplot" at the prompt. Then gnuplot
> launches and the prompt changes to "gnuplot>". Then I type "set
> term aqua" to set the terminal to aquaterm.

for getting "aqua" as default terminal in gnuplot it is useful to
just set the required environment variable. If you use tcsh as shell,
just edit the file ".tcshrc" inside your home folder and add the
following line:

setenv GNUTERM aqua

if you use bash *this is the defult at least under 10.4.x, isn't it?
*, you add the following to ".profile" in your home folder:

export GNUTERM=aqua

then start your shell (if you have a shell-window already open, just
type "rehash" inside to reload the configuration file).

cheers,

Markus Bongard