[OS X TeX] Checking my files

Florian Grammel grammel at gmx.net
Sun Mar 5 19:32:15 CET 2006

Thanks for your hint, Pete, but I'm afraid this is too advanced for
me...

I spent some time trying to figure out, how this is supposed to work,
but I didn't succeed to get xtem working. Even though the manual has
detailed installation-instructions, I keep getting errors which I
comprehend very little of.

On the other hand the c-programme "hyphen_show", that actually does
the trick, is supposed to work without the xtem, too. But also here
my attempts to compile it as described in the readme ended with a lot
of "incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function"s. As I
don't know C this is about as long as I get...

Isn't there an easier way to do this -- i.e. producing a list of the
hyphenated words?
Or might-be somebody with C-experience might even be willing to
compile "hyphen_show" for OSX and post it somewhere?

And I'd also like to ask my other -- probably very trivial --
question one more time:

> And then I also would like to check while proofreading the paper-
> copy, whether I have put my index-tags in the right places.
> Something like

> \usepackage{index}
> \renewcommand{\index}{\ul{\index}}
>
> seemed the obvious solution, but I can't get it to work. Obviously
> the obvious is too obvious in this case?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Florian.