[OS X TeX] ! LaTeX Error: File `pdfsync.sty' {and topcapt.sty] not found

Winfried Zettelmeyer Winfried at Zettelmeyer.com
Sat Mar 4 21:16:15 CET 2006

Herbert, see the return in the Terminal window:

Last login: Thu Mar  2 13:53:38 on console
Welcome to Darwin!
[212-166-227-230:~] winfried% kpsewhich pdfsync.sty
./pdfsync.sty
[212-166-227-230:~] winfried%

Winfried

On 4 Mar 2006, at 20:55, Herbert Schulz wrote:

On Mar 4, 2006, at 1:43 PM, Winfried Zettelmeyer wrote:

> Greetings to all,
> to my surprise after weeks of increasingly successful work with
> TeXshop the program suddenly claims it cannot find pdfsync.sty,
> although it does sit in ~/Library/texmf/tex/latex/ . It is possible
> that I messed something up, but even after substituting the texmf
> folder by the original texmf folder to my Library as prescribed in
> the IMPORTANT_README.rtf of the Texshop.dmg, the program keeps
> complaining.
>
> All the other packages of the preamble (see below) are being loaded
> without problem as they apparently sit in the hidden "usr" folder.
> TeXshop preferences Engine and Typesetting are set to the default
> values.
> Why does the program not find what it found before, what can I do ?
>
> I have added the introductory lines of the log file.
> Extremely grateful for advice !
> Winfried
>

> \documentclass[10pt,a4paper,titlepage,oneside,openany]{report}
> \usepackage{geometry} % see geometry.pdf on how to lay out the
> page. There's lots.
> \usepackage{pdfsync} % to relate .tex file with .pdf file      THIS
> IS NOT FOUND
> \usepackage{graphicx} % to include figures
> \usepackage{topcapt} %to allow table titles on top             THIS
> IS NOT FOUND

Hmmm... the console output was just about to get interesting when you
cut it off.

What does

kpsewhich pdfsync.sty

in Terminal return?