[OS X TeX] SVG to LaTeX?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 21:07:20 CEST 2006

Peder Axensten wrote:

> On 25 jun 2006, at 13.02, Joanna Rycko wrote:
>
>> On 2006-06-23, at 20:45, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>

>>> So, my question, triggered by the threads "Should I install X11" and
>>> "making pictures", is whether there is a way automatically to
>>> convert SVG graphics into code that could then be inserted into the
>>> LaTeX source which would then result in a single source file that
>>> you would then be able both to print and edit.
>>

> I think Incswell can export to LaTeX, it's native format is SVG and it
> can read W3 compliant SVG files.
> http://www.macupdate.com/dev.php?id=18954
>
> It's an open source and free vector graphics program. I haven't tried
> it yet, but I will. On paper it looks very interesting: PDF/EPS
> import/export etc.

But it is an X11 application which I am staying away from as I have
already lost way too much time with a couple of them. Indeed, when I
double-click Incswell, X11 comes on but nothing more that I can see.

Regards
--schremmer

P.S. SubEthaEdit, TextEdit and … TeXshop open svg files as code. (Boy,
am I dumb!)