[OS X TeX] i-Installer and MacOS X 10.4.6 ?

Miriam Belmaker belmaker at fas.harvard.edu
Sat Jun 24 19:10:35 CEST 2006

Hi,

I also got my new MacbookPro with 10.4.6. After installing the latest
i-installer and ignoring the message.. it works fine.

MB
On Jun 24, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Stephen Moye wrote:

On Jun 24, 2006, at 8:26 AM, Josep M. Font wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Got a new MacBookPro with MacOS X 10.4.6 (8I1121), all system
> software upgrades applied, downloaded latest i-Installer (2.78,
> build 27 May 2006). To my surprise, when I start it in order to
> make a fresh TeX installation, a window pops up with the following
> intriguing message:
>
> "Please upgrade MacOS X: Although i-Installer works on MacOS X
> 10.4.4-10.4.6, up- or downgrading MacOS X to another version is
> recommended"
>
> ???
>
> Should I downgrade to 10.4.3 ? Should I be bold and go ahead ?
>
> JMaF

I'm surprised that there has been no answer to your question so far,
so I'll jump in with my 2¢.

I would argue strenuously against downgrading your system software
simply to accommodate i-Installer. I looked in the macostex-archives
and came tentatively to the conclusion that this problem was fixed.