[OS X TeX] SVG to LaTeX?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 01:41:45 CEST 2006

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 23.06.2006 um 20:50 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> Top of my head, since you suggest it, I would say yes, but I would
>> also say that I probably was not clear. Could you look at my
>> response to Adams, I think that it is clearer.
>
> No. You do not give reason for including SVG files to the source of
> an editable book.

Can Intaglio save SVG files?  This would probably be the best option,
since many popular programs can edit those.

Dave Turner via RT <licensing at fsf.org>

>> I should probably add, though, that having both a printable and an
>> editable version is a requirement of the GPL.
>
> PNG files are editable, aren't they? And they're a free standard.

I will take your word for it. Right now I am delaying the problem by
using Intaglio format until I am ready to upload. Then, the plan was to
let Intaglio resave the graphics as SVG but I could equally well let
Intaglio resave in PNG if "licensing at fsf.org" agrees.

But, it seems to me, that does not significantly affect my query: Is
there a way automatically to convert PNG graphics into code that could
then be inserted into the LaTeX source which would then result in a
single source file that you would then be able both to print and edit?

> I  don't know what SVG is ...

Scalable Vector Graphics

Best regards
--schremmer