[OS X TeX] TeX i-Package updated (foo-sys/foo workaround, font map search improvement)

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Fri Jun 23 13:28:12 CEST 2006

On Jun 23, 2006, at 13:11, Franck Pastor wrote:

> Le 23-juin-06 à 12:42, Gerben Wierda a écrit :
>
>> The TeX i-Package has received 2 updates
>> - I have changed texmf.cnf such that updmap and updmap-sys (and all
>> other variants) work as updmap-sys. Hence, old instructions like
>> "sudo updmap" will not create havoc anymore. You can use the newer
>> (backwards incompatible) style by adapting
>> /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf. At a later moment, I will offer this as a
>> configurable option during the i-Package configure phase.
>> - I have adapted texmf.cnf such that font map searching is improved
>> such that recent ConTeXt updates will still work (TEXFONTMAP
>> entries).

> Does the commmand "updmap" (without sudo) work as before ?

No. You need to edit /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.local to get the previous
behaviour. Where it says:

> % teTeX-3.0 and TL2005 require these. Note, if you want pre-2005
> behaviour,
> % set GWTEXVAR to VARTEXMF. That makes foo and foo-sys behave the same
> % roughly and close to old-style). Setting GWTEXVAR to HOMETEXMF gives
> you
> % new (incompatible) behaviour
> GWTEXVAR=$VARTEXMF
> TEXMFVAR = $GWTEXVAR
> TEXMFCONFIG = $GWTEXVAR
> TEXMFSYSCONFIG = $VARTEXMF
> TEXMFSYSVAR = $VARTEXMF

You can change the first variable to

GWTEXVAR=$HOMETEXMF

to get the default TL2004-TL2005 (TL2003 and before incompatible)
behaviour. I notice now that the comment is wrong. Sigh. That is what
you get when you're in a hurry. I cannot change that before Monday.