[OS X TeX] Invisible character

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 21:26:08 CEST 2006

Jonathan Kew wrote:

> Ah, this is AppleScript, isn't it;

Robertson's doing, obviously not mine.

> in quoted strings, backslash is  special, so you need to double them
> (see the other strings in the  macro)

Indeed, I should have noticed. (But code puts my mind to sleep. My not
so young younger son, a software engineer, likes to tell the horrified
way I reacted when I saw him, a very long time ago, writing x=x+1.)

> . So the added text needs to read:
>
>     & "\\catcode`\\•=\\active \\def•{} & return

Here I assumed you meant

    & "\\catcode`\\•=\\active \\def•{}" & return

and it did work that way. (I am patting myself furiously on the back.)

> And if you put it on a separate line, don't forget the line
> continuation character ¬,

Ah! That's what ¬ meant. (For me it means NOT.) As it happens, I
inserted within a line that ended with & return & ¬

Well that's it. I am going to change all my other macros accordingly.

Very grateful regards (This wasn't just the arm but also, at least, the
leg.)
--schremmer