[OS X TeX] LucidaBright Fonts

Leslie W Morland L.Morland at uea.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 15:22:36 CEST 2006

With my 41 ps Y&Y Lucida fonts converted to pfb and placed in designated
sub folders of texmf/fonts, I have tried printing the keyboard letters
etc.Blank output to pdf file (and print), with console/log messages cant
create bitmap fonts ... Suggested I am missing .map file. Told I need to find
this and place it where TeX can find it, but am totally lost. Can anyone
tell me what to do please?

Now  ran updmap and saw messages of form

/usr/    /texmf    directory not writeable

  rm/var/temp/texfonts   permission denied

Then ran updmap-sys and got messages of form

   .../texmf.local/updmap is not writeable

and listing -al .local/web2c, for example, I see

drwxr-xr-x for . and ..  , and for contained files

-rw-r--r--.

There appear to be permission problems, but does this indicate what and
how remedied?

Leslie

   Professor L. W. Morland    |
   School of Mathematics      |  Email: L.Morland at uea.ac.uk
   University of East Anglia  |  Tel: +44 (0)1603 592932
   Norwich  NR4 7TJ  England  |  Fax: +44 (0)1603 593868