[OS X TeX] png files not generated

Don Salisbury dsalisbury at austincollege.edu
Tue Jun 20 22:36:12 CEST 2006

Just wanted to let you know that Eitan's solution worked - with some
modifications. My version of tex4ht.env is from 28.9.05, whereas his
instructions referred to the version dated 26.2/05, and the relevant
tags in my case are <convert> and <\convert> (instead of <default>).
Also, I needed to make the changes in the /base/tex4ht.env file.

Thanks for all the help. I could have done this on my own.

Don

On Jun 19, 2006, at 10:18 PM, Eitan Gurari wrote:

>> The 'convert' command exists, but here is what I get when I issue the
>> convert command:
>>
>> convert zztest61706.ps test.png
>> convert: no decode delegate for this image format `zztest61706.ps'.
>
> A similar problem also got reported for MS Windows.
>
>    http://groups.google.com/group/comp.text.tex/browse_thread/
> thread/b20ef9eb0383612f/266550f75ccf5ca8
>

> From: Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com>
>
>> If you have a recent copy of ImageMagik you'll also need get the
>> libpng package. Assuming you've got the i-installer version of TeX,
>> etc., use the i-installer and open the Known Packages i-Directory and
>>
>> download and install the PNG Library i-package.
>
> Two alternatives:
>
> 1. Uncomment the first 4 records of the <default>...</default>
>    segment in tex4ht.env
>       http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/tex4ht-env-unix.txt
>    by removing leading spaces from those records.
>
> 2. Disable the <default>...</default> segment and activate the
>    <netpbm>...</netpbm> segment. For the deactivation rename the
>    `default' tag and end tag.  For the activation introduce spaces
>    before the `netpbm' tag and end tag.
>
> -eitan

Donald Salisbury
Associate Professor of Physics