[OS X TeX] texshop console

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jun 20 21:26:19 CEST 2006

Le 20 juin 06 à 21:09, Alex Scorpan a écrit :

> On my Mac US keyboard, to the right of the left Shift is Z.  My `
> is to the left of 1.

That's also what's displayed on the Keyboard Viewer panel when I'm
typing on my PowerBook's keyboard, even though the PowerBook keyboard
design doesn't correspond to the design in the Keyboard Viewer panel:

- In the panel (after selecting the French keyboard design), the left
Shift key is wide and < appears, as you said, to the left of the
digit 1 on the topmost row immediately below Esc.

- However that's not how my PowerBook G4 French keyboard looks like:
where the panel says < lies is actually @ (§ on the corresponding US
keyboard, I think), and the left Shift key is narrower than shown
which leaves room for < between Shift and w (` between Shift and z to
you).

When I'm using my Blueooth wireless keyboard the difference
disappears: both on the panel and on the physical keyboard the key <
(` to you) is between Shift and z, and below the Esc key is @ (§ to
you).

I must admit I don't like the OS X Keyboard Viewer panel, and found
the Keyboard Apple menu item on Mac OS Classic nicer looking and more
functional.

Bruno Voisin