[OS X TeX] How to use cmr-super ?

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 15 14:51:17 CEST 2006

Am 15.06.2006 um 14:12 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> I installed the files with I-installer and I-installer says install
> and « configure ».
>  I-installer must configure in theory but It configures what?

I-Installer only cares for the system installation and configuration.
Otherwise it would install TeX somewhere in ~/Library/texmf ...

>  why i've a web2c in my texmf directory ?

Because you use a modern teTeX distribution and you invoked at some
time updmap or fmtutil

> where is the mistake ?

I cannot find a mistake in using both -- except when you put a 'sudo'
before them. And the next mistake is when you think what changes thy
system's files that have the same names as your private versions
integrates these changes into your private property, too. That's not
true, because by default first your own repository is searched for
TeX files then the system,  so that the system's files are never
found because the search ends in your field. And if it where true
there would be no reason to have system and private sets or
configurations, no private setup for a subject's header or sub-
header, format for a footnote ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

                   Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp!