[OS X TeX] Two Texshop requests

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jun 14 15:06:14 CEST 2006

On Jun 13, 2006, at 11:33 PM, David Poole wrote:

> Thanks for the great tools for tex on my mac!
>
> I have two suggestions for Texshop that I think should not be too
> difficult to implement and will probably be widely appreciated:
>
> 1. fullscreen mode for showing the pdf. I often give presentations
> using beamer. It would be great if I could show the presentation in
> texshop, then when I want to edit a mistake, I can quickly go to
> the latex source, recompile it and keep going. This is useful for
> practise talks and also to show everyone who only knows powerpoint
> that alternatives are just as simple to use!
>
> 2. when there are two filenames with the same name, it would be
> great to show enough of the path to make them unique (as emacs
> does). We are writing a textbook with associated slides and have
> ch08/lect3.tex and ch12/lect3.tex, etc. It is surprising how often
> I have the same file open, but I can't find the file I want very
> easily when the "window" menu lists them as the same.
>
> Thanks!
> David

Howdy,

Nice ideas. Since TeXShop is now a sourceforge project it is best to
make feature requests at <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?
group_id=155796&atid=797241>, the projects Feature Request page. I
actually see that item (1) has been requested already (did you do
that? it is anonymous.) but I didn't see (2) there. It's a good idea
to get a sourceforge login; easy and safe and then they'll know who
sent it and get more information if needed.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)