[OS X TeX] bibdesk

Themis Matsoukas matsoukas at psu.edu
Thu Jun 8 17:50:26 CEST 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:

> The Preferences interface is not AppleScriptable, as far as I know,
> although you might be able to use UI scripting on it.  What
> preference for PDF file location are you changing?  This doesn't
> make sense to me.

I want to change the Paper Folders Location in Autofile Preferences.
For example, when I work on foo1.bib I want the location to be  ~/
WorkStuff/.../.../.../foo1, but when I work on foo2.bib I want the
location to change to ~/WorkStuff/.../.../.../foo2, etc. Because I
have several bib's  I want to be able to go back and forth
frequently, that's why I'd rather avoid going into the preferences
each time.

Why not put all the pdf's in the same location? I often do searches
and come up with many citations and pdf's  that I only need
temporarily. By storing things separately, I know what's useful and
worth saving, and what's not and can be deleted. (Have you noticed
how much rubbish gets published these days? I don't want it on my
hard disk...)

Themis