[OS X TeX] Paper size?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 8 16:52:58 CEST 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 9:26 AM, Rick Hogg wrote:

> Hello,
> Quick question about paper size.  It seems that
> whether I set it to letter, legal, a4, b5, etc., while
> the text shifts a little, the paper size doesn't seem
> to change at all.  I have the same results using
> TeXShop and the latex command in the command line.  Is
> it just me, or is my ps or pdf maker not recognizing
> page sizes?
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

Howdy,

I believe that the problem is that the class is not properly passing
the information to pdftex (even latex now uses pdftex in dvi mode
now) about the change in pagesize. The simplest solution, right now,
is to use the geometry package:

\usepackage[compat2,a4paper]{geometry}

where the compat2 option will set the old defaults that are more like
the original class files. See the geometry documentation to see the
paper options. You can, of course, define special pagesizes too. I
use it quite a bit for invitations, special page setups, etc.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)