[OS X TeX] epstopdf

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Jun 8 16:05:06 CEST 2006

On Jun 8, 2006, at 8:49 AM, Arthur Snoke wrote:

> I have EPS files with tight bounding boxes and I want to produce
> PDF files form them with tight bounding boxes.  I have the i-
> installer latex and gs
> distributions (as of a few months ago) on a non-Intel mac running
> 10.4.6.
> They come with pstopdf, which works but gives me a full page in the
> PDF output.  I see there is a program epstopdf, and there was some
> discussion about it on the list, but at least the posts I have seen
> implicitly assume one already has it.  (The postings were about
> having the BB definition at the end of the EPS file: mine are at
> the beginning, if that makes a difference.)
>
> Is epstopdf included in some package?  (I do not use texshop.)
> Should I go to CTAN and get it from there?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Arthur Snoke
> snoke at vt.edu

Howdy,

I'd just go into Terminal and find out:

which epstopdf

should return the full path of the epstopdf perl script if it exists
on your system. I believe it is installed as part of the Ghostscript
i-installer package (or maybe the TeX i-installer package? I can't
remember which!).

I'd also install the ImageMagik package too!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)