[OS X TeX] Texshop and file.pdf

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jun 8 11:51:21 CEST 2006

Am 08.06.2006 um 07:48 schrieb Alain Matthes:

> 2) with Bash when i use : cat >temptex.tex<<EOF how to control the
> encoding ?
> it is a variable of environment but which one ?
>
> $ set
>  gives this :
>
> LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8

For shells you should make these two values equal.

TeXShop has preferences in which you make it assume a default
encoding. The other way is a header line that has to be *exactly*

	%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

or whatever else encoding you prefer to use for this file.

--
Greetings

   Pete

When people run around and around in circles we say they are crazy.
When planets do it we say they are orbiting.