[OS X TeX] Opustex and TexShop on OSX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Jun 6 12:56:47 CEST 2006

Le 6 juin 06 à 12:13, Teresa Clark a écrit :

> I've tried many places..
> Usr/Library/texmf/Latex/opustex/*.tex and *.sty
> usr/Library/texmf/tex/opustex/*.tex and *.sty
> usr/Library/texmf/fonts/source/opustex/*.mf
> usr/Library/texmf/fonts/tfm/opustex/ *.tfm

These ones should do, assuming by Usr and usr you mean your home
directory /Users/<yourusername>, aka ~.

> usr/Library/TeXShop/localtexmf/tex/opustex/*.tex and *.sty as I
> first tried to install all the files here so similarly fonts/source
> and fonts/tfm

Won't work.

> I also tried to install them in the root Library/texmf.
>
> the binary I have tried in
> usr/Library/texmf/Latex/bin/opusflex
> MacHd/Applications/opusflex
> usr/Library/TeXShop/bin/opusflex
> MacHd/Library/texmf/latex/bin/opusflex

The only other possible location (assuming you've installed Gerben
Wierda's distribution based on TeXLIVE-teTeX, and not the Fink or
DarwinPorts disributions) is /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/,
also available as the symlink /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.local/.

Differences:

- Stuff installed inside /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/ is
available to all account owners on your Mac. But it's required to run
"sudo -H texhash" after each installation.

- Stuff installed inside ~/Library/texmf/ is available in your
account only. But running texhash is not necessary: any addition to
the ~/Library/texmf/ tree is available to TeX immediately.

For more information, see <http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/
whereisstuff.html> and <http://ii2.sourceforge.net/tex-index.html#not%
20found>.

Hope this helps,