[OS X TeX] dvips problem: addendum

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jun 5 18:57:43 CEST 2006

Am 05.06.2006 um 17:09 schrieb Stephen Anderson:

> I'm sure I did something stupid in updating my tex installation,
> but I can't really see what....

Or you missed an item: CLI. You can run i-Installer again and choose
Configure Only to check CLI (Command Line Interface) activation. This
will change two files in (/private)/etc, and when you log off and log
in again, the problem should be solved ...

The paths you mentioned are OK. Maybe you should run for your own
fonts and their MAP file fragments 'updmap --syncwithtrees' ... If i-
Installer launches updmap-sys with 'sudo -H' or 'sudo -H root' it
won't see your private gems, so you have to disclose them. If after
both steps (i-Installer and updmap) you are still missing fonts, you
should see whether you need to enable some of your private MAP file
fragments in updmap, 'updmap --listavailablemaps' should list all it
knows.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Windows, c'est un peu comme le beaujolais nouveau: à chaque nouvelle
cuvée on sait que ce sera dégueulasse, mais on en prend quand même,
par masochisme.