[OS X TeX] Trouble installing a new font

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jun 3 21:54:33 CEST 2006

Am 03.06.2006 um 19:39 schrieb delanoy at math.univ-lyon1.fr:

> 10) mkdir map/dvips/archaic
>  11) cp ~/Documents/LaTeX/etruscan/*.map map/dvips/archaic/
>  12) sudo -H texhash
>  13) sudo -H updmap-sys --enable Map etruscan.map
>
>   It still doesn't work ; although the last line of the file
> updmap.cfg
> reads ``Map etruscan.map", the file etruscan.map is not in the list of
> used map files when updmap-sys runs. What is going on here ?

 From this step

   1) cd /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local

it should have been

	mkdir fonts/map/dvips/archaic
	cp ~/Documents/LaTeX/etruscan/*.map fonts/map/dvips/archaic

Sorry, Ewan, I did not read your eMail carefully enough! (Actually
the other font related paths should have started with fonts/, too. Is
kpsewhich finding any font file you installed? If not, move the
directories accordingly.)

And, before it gets forgotten: you'll have to repeat the steps 12 and
13! Now etruscan.map will be found ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

The light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off due to budget
cuts.