[OS X TeX] ifmath fonts problem

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Jun 3 10:57:16 CEST 2006

Am 03.06.2006 um 02:33 schrieb Donal B. Day:

> updmap: This is updmap, version 1122009795
> updmap: using transcript file `/Users/dbd/Library/texmf/web2c/
> updmap.log'
> updmap: initial config file is `/Users/dbd/Library/texmf/web2c/
> updmap.cfg'
> updmap: configuration (updmap.cfg) unchanged. Map files will not be
> recreated.

This should *never* happen (except you really want it)! Since Mac OS
X 10.4 (Tiger) you have to use 'sudo -H' to make a utility run
completely in a super-user context. And since teTeX 3 you have for
own private use (private is without sudo or sudo -H) the * utilities,
while for a system-wide use you have to use <utility>-sys. Your
desktop system is not 'consistent,' i.e. different users see
different TeX installations, or more precisely: only one user has
ifmath enabled.

On your laptop you have installed teTeX 3 with Fink. To me it's not
clear why a file '/updmap.log' is mentioned, from a systematic view I
assume that you need to updmap-sys, because updmap uses a path of ~
which is expanded for super-user to /. Updmap-sys does not use a
user's home directory into account, it uses systematic paths. This
difference in behaviour could also explain why a file '/sw/share/
texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg' is assumed to exist by updmap.

RTFM and try the right commands!

--
Greetings

   Pete

"We have to expect it, otherwise we would be surprised."