[OS X TeX] shifting headers in memoir

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Thu Jul 27 22:55:05 CEST 2006

Hi,

Using memoir class, I have changed the width of a portion of the text
with \begin{adjustwidth}...\end{adjustwidth}
Now my problem is that the header on some pages is misplaced in
relation to the (changed) width of the text. I am looking for a way
to help me shift the header, something like changing the left or the
right "margin" for the header to a negative value. The solution
offered by the memoir class (\makeheadposition{}{}{}{}{}) does not
help in my case, as this command only accepts the parameters like
flushright,  and I would like to shift the header *past* the assumed
margin of the main text. Does any one know how or where the position
fo headers is defined and how that can be changed?

Thanks a lot!

Sergei Mariev
+49 (0)163-499-68-18
+49 (0)8153-986-716